A Week of Sickness

It started out as a bad day already, with us finding water standing on the floor of my toddler’s closet. Upon discovering this, I ran to the adjacent bathroom to see where it was coming from. I thought it was leaking from the bathtub, but much to my relief, it was from behind the toilet. You might be wondering why I was glad it was the toilet. Well, it is much more accessible than the drop-in shower/tub that we have in that guest bathroom.

After inspecting the pipes and where it was leaking, I noticed it was the pipe that provides the water to the toilet tank. I got my largest crescent wrench and tried to tighten it, but it would only move the pipe in the wall. I had to leave for work so I just decided to get a large towel and leave it there to absorb all of the dripping.

For lunch, we decided to hit up Lenny’s for their Social Wednesday deal. We do this quite often, so I didn’t think anything about it…until later. I got the Philly cheesesteak sandwich with the hot pepper relish and my wife got their club sub ( a cold sandwich with different ingredients).

Later that night, my dad came over with some more tools to help me fix the leaky pipe. Turns out, I think it was just not tight enough, but we put a new elbow joint on it anyway. We also put some Teflon tape around the threads before we put it all back together. Guess what? It worked! The leak was fixed!

Later that night, I was feeling some more of the upset stomach that I had that afternoon. I had not previously given it much thought, but now, I was beginning to get suspicious. After about 24 hours of running to the bathroom every 15 minutes, I concluded that I got a healthy dose of food poisoning. After careful consideration, and discussions with my wife about what we had recently eaten, I determined it must have been that Lenny’s sandwich.

A week later, and I’m still having some stomach issues. It’s just been a horrible time and I will not soon visit there again.

NOTE: I called the Rankin County Health Department, trying to get them to check into this so that nobody else would become ill, I was told I’d have to come to the courthouse and file a complaint. Who has time for that? Not me.


Sent from my iPhone


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: